2221 West 34th Street, Houston, TX 77018
We’ve listed some of our favorite publications to further organic education. If you would like the Green Guerrilla recommended book list, just call.
1. Soil Biology Primer – Primarily written by Dr. Elaine Ingham (The Soil Food Web). This is one of the best books on Soil Microbiology in a very easy to read format. Beautiful photographs and clearly written text tells the importance of great soil health. Soil and Water Conversation Society (800) THE SOIL.
2. Year Round Vegetables, Fruits and Flowers for Metro Houston-A Natural Approach – By Dr. Bob Randall, one of Houston’s local experts. The most comprehensive guide of its kind for our area, covers food growing, natural pest control, soil fertility and more.
Contact Urban Harvest (713) 880-5540.
3. Habitat Gardening for Houston – Written by local Houston experts- Mark & Mary Bowen. Very positive book about ecological gardening & landscaping in Houston. Great articles, depth, suggested native plants, attracting wildlife, and design planning. Contact Urban Harvest (713) 880-5540.
4. The Dirt Doctor – by Howard Garrett. Wonderful monthly publication full of enlightening, informative information on organic landscaping, farming, gardening and lifestyles. Howard is one of the nation’s pioneers in organics. Contact- The Dirt Doctor (866) 444-DIRT.
5. Acres USA – Monthly newspaper that champions eco-farming / eco-landscaping / eco-lifestyles. Acres USA mainly writes toward agriculture but the same principles hold true in horticulture. Acres also has an extensive book store. Contact Acres USA (800) 355-5313.